Mega Drive / Genesis modifications

I will use this blog also for backlogging my adventures with electronics and console modifications. Let's start with the Mega Drive. A console I wanted since it was launched and only when I was 24 I finally had mine, a gift from my mother, 15 years late. Play it in friends houses at the time, and loved the most iconic games on it.
In this console I made a one switch PAL/NTSC , 50hz/60hz mod, and installed a new DAC (Mega Amp 2). This a model 2 Mega Drive, known of the terrible sound compared with the firsts Mega Drives.
I followed this tutorial for the region switch: http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/sega/md2switches.htm

I have also a Mega Everdrive, with that I can play all the Mega Drive games (excluding Virtua Racing), 32X games (when I have one) and Master System games.
In the future I hope I can find a 32X and Mega CD for a complete Genesis experience!

Comments